It seems a written film history: the cat had lost months suddenly she appears at the door of his house. Their owners had lost hope of seeing him again. But the Pussycat found its way and there it is. How do I arrive?
The reality is that the cat’s body comes equipped with an excellent sense of direction. Their ancestors, the wild cats knew mark a territory as their own, moving distances to hunt and then return to your chosen unwind. Today the cat is domesticated but not eliminated that instinct. Kingdom to their natural curiosity leads him to investigate to know the last part of its territory. If the cat lives indoors knows and responds to any change of furniture, if you live outside knows every tree or plant, where it is safe to nap and what is the perfect area to use as a bathroom. His whiskers act as rangefinders and balance machines. It uses them to know how much space is between objects and thus move noiselessly.
Fascinating but not infallible. With all these natural additives seem impossible to think that the cat can lose. But it often happens. Every year thousands of cats that are lost from their homes, many of them never return. It is important to have a plan designed for these situations. The odds of return are many but they need your help.
1. Act quickly; If you think your cat has run away from home, take immediate action. Seek first in every corner of your house, under furniture, inside the bookcase. The cat fascinates find new places to sleep. Check before leaving terrified.
It is not within the house: Do not go away yet. Search now moves to the immediate surroundings as garden or yard of your house. If your cat has never left, it is likely to simply keep off the grass so scared. But if something or someone scared, Pussycat ran for cover.
2. Think like a cat; For us it is obvious shout to be found. But your cat does not think so. For the Pussycat found in an unfamiliar and perhaps marked by other cats area makes it prey to them. To avoid fights, hides and does not respond to your calls. It’s survival instinct.
Statistics indicate that if the cat is one who lives indoors, will not move far from known space. Looking up to 4 houses in all directions. It included under the cars, gardens, trees, balconies. Talk to your neighbors and explain the situation. If your cat is hidden in your yard and the neighbor comes to call, Pussycat will not respond. However if you allows you to reach the area and try to rescue the cat will recognize your voice and let catch.
night search: Cat hunting in the morning and at night. perfect hours to open a can of tuna or salmon (the more odorous better) on your balcony or patio and place it on the door of your house. Cat smell is 14 times sharper than ours meaning that capture the smell of food from afar. Sure, this may attract other cats in the neighborhood, but that is a risk worth taking.
If you can not wait to come back home, go down the street with food in hand. Noises family packages like waving your favorite snacks or food they will come out of hiding. Call it. You’ll feel ridiculous calling your cat at night, but it does not matter if the result is that the cat out of hiding and come to you.
If you’ve recently moved: Your cat may have returned to his old home. Pussycat not yet know their new territory, but can smell the anterior and his instinct leads him to that.
3. Informs the neighborhood, your community can help. Print propaganda leaflets (flyers) that include; • picture of your cat; • Name Cat; • Your name: • Telephone number or email where to find you; Distributes leaves in PO, under doors, windows cars … any help is positive.
Talk to the children. They play in the street and know the animals that pass through the area. Many times if they see a new cat assume that no owner and decide to adopt it. Your cat loves you but will not go hungry. If a charitable neighbor offers food, Pussycat has found a new restaurant.
Active social networks: The cat is the king of the internet. Place a notice on your social networking pages.
4. Do not lose hope; • Call shelters and veterinary offices. Is good people in the world who are concerned when they see an obviously lost animal and lead to safer;. • Follow transiting your neighboring area. If the kitten is not going to hurt to find out. Your turn him out of his hiding place. • Leave a sheet or piece of unwashed clothes in your post. Your scent can help the cat find the way back;. • Investigates stray cat colonies in your neighborhood. Perhaps your pussycat is part of them.
5. If time passes, is a very personal decision. Everyone waits for the time you want to wait. The cat can give you surprise and come back after months and even years. But up to you to decide if you are ready to continue the search indefinitely.
How can I help it? It is impossible to say “this is not going to happen.” But there are ways to avoid it; • DO NOT LEAVE LEAVING HOME. Create routine to keep doors and windows closed avoids the situation; • Spaying your cat. The cat main purpose is to procreate. A sterilized cat does not need to go out dating. It is responsible solution; • Identify your cat. Not all cats enjoy having a collar with hanger in his neck. But they do not find out if they have a microchip inside your body. The system does not act as a navigation system (so far), but if someone finds the Pussycat and bring it to any shelter or office veterinarian, they have the ability to scan the information and know who their owner.