It is a sad situation with positive solutions. You found an abandoned kitten, you know the cat who died leaving her orphaned litter, perhaps the mother cat is yours but is sick and can not care for their young. The fact is that your heart could not resist and decided to take care of the helpless kittens.
Before you take it home, analyzes the situation honestly; • A single kitten in a corner is not necessarily one left. Your mom may be looking for food. Watch and wait before you take it. Angering the mother cat is never a good option.
• Taking care of one or more kittens babies is a full time job. During his first few weeks they will depend on you 100% so you must be prepared. Can you feed every 2 or 3 hours? Good work can become disastrous if you can not handle the load. Maybe talk to friends who can help with appropriate shifts. Not being able to do anything, do not let them die in the street, take them to the nearest shelter.
• Nobody cares as a mother: often good people like you try to raise the kitten and give more care, the kitten dies at the end happens. Do not feel guilty. Kittens depend on their mom is common not survive without it. If you do not think you can deal with the death of the kitten better take it to the vet or shelter.
If you decide to stay with them, to work: In the ideal world the mother cat stays with her young children by his first 5 to 6 weeks. After this begins to break away from them forcing them to develop as adults.
So for your people reach their 6 weeks’ll have to become a mother cat and follow the feline instincts. No need to disguise or know meowing, just basic details, What need;? • Box honda cardboard; • Blankets or soft towels; • Formula designed for kittens; • Bottle with bottle; • Cotton balls; • low box with paper newspaper to training
• Areas and clean hands: Every object that will have contact with kittens must be clean and sterilized. Babies have not developed defenses so they must live in a sterile environment. Wash your hands before and after touching them.
• Heat need to live: A kitten does not survive cold. Newborns are not able to maintain a stable temperature. His energy they need to grow. When they Mommy she snuggles to never be cold. But if Mom is not you can help them with these tips
• Find a box or container without side slits so that no cold air and place in a quiet area of your home without drafts. The less flow best people;. • Place soft and clean in the bottom of the box friezes;. • Accommodates kittens in their new home;. • If meow for more than one minute means you are cold. Leave a lamp that reflects heat in the support area. DO NOT put directly above them.
• The lunch: Kittens NOT drink cow’s milk. Stores selling pet accessories formulas specific to them. Follow the package instructions verifying that the mixture is not hot from the microwave. It should be at room temperature.
• Check the formula in the bottle and make a small hole in the bottle. It must be large enough to suck the kitten but is not constantly leaking.
• Imitates mom. The kitten should be face down with your head up as if to suckle. Place the bottle at an angle of 45 °. Kitty instinct take effect and stop taking when you are satisfied. If you have more than a kitten, get help or will fight.
• If you do not want to eat: Do what your mom would, pass your hand from her forehead to the back mimicking the movement of her mom running her tongue. This will encourage the child to eat.
• Once all are satisfied: Like a human baby, grab it and put it in your chest or shoulder and give your fingers patted his back to the gas canister.
How often eat kittens? It depends on your stage. From birth to their two weeks eat every 2 to 3 hours. Yes, you have to get up at night. At 2 weeks they are fed every 4 to 6 hours. After the third week, every 6 to 8 hours. At this stage they begin to learn to feed themselves by providing life to all.
• Waste: It’s inevitable. What is not used boot. Mama Cat waste eats her kittens during their first weeks. Then he teaches them to bury them. Now it’s your turn; • Place the kitten face up on a clean towel or fleece; • Gently rózale a cotton ball for their genitals. This encourages you to do their needs. • After the feat, clean it well and lay him to sleep;. • In the fourth week, take them to the litter box. This should have newsprint instead of sand. Be patient. Not everyone learns in the first. Let them follow their curiosity. They will play with the papers, but will understand the message and will achieve the purpose. • When using the litter box are ready to leave their carton. It is beneficial to leave them in a specific room to avoid accidents, but it is difficult. It is the time of discovery and will enjoy;. • It is time of his first visit to the vet.