The action is not always obvious. Most of the time you learn surprise. As you sit in your favorite chair you feel an unpleasant odor emanating from your cushions. Cat piss. The smell is unmistakable. But your cat has a litter box, which according to you, use all the time, why is urinating outside?
Trying to decipher the mystery can take time and is one of the biggest causes of cats delivered to the shelter. The owners give up and decide to end the problem.
Before taking the easy way, remember that your kitten is that you do not to bother, you’re trying to say something in their world is not right.
Violence does not work with the cat. physically hurt him what the cat does is hidden from you and your situation worse. Treat him fondly forever.
The causes may be medical, behavioral or psychological. Let’s step.
Medical causes: Take him to the vet is the first thing you should do. Your cat may be suffering from diseases such as
• Urinary tract infection: If your cat is urinating in his litter box first thing to rule out is you have a urinary tract infection. These are common in the Pussycats and increase as the cat is entering years. The Pussycat has painful urination and associates the litter box with pain therefore avoided.
• Kidney stones (kidney stones): Your symptoms are similar to urinary tract infection. The difference is that the cat wants to urinate but can not and will occur “accident” when it does not reach the box in time.
Behavior: If the problem is not doctor may be that something has changed in your routine and rebel against the sandbox.
• sterilized Cat: Let’s start with the simplest. A sterilized cat not urinating anywhere because it does not feel the need to mark all the time.
• Does your box is clean? Nobody likes to use a dirty bathroom. Clean the litter box daily should be part of your routine.
• Territory: The cat is very jealous of its territory. Scent-mark lets you know (and others) what the limits of your area are. If you experience other odors it will continue peeing in areas he considers his.
• New cat at home: Once recognize smells should be no problem. But if the new Pussycat arrives and tries to take over without permission will infuriate the cat takes time at home. The best way to achieve a life in harmony is to avoid the meeting as soon as you bring the new kitten home. Put it in a secure room with its own sandbox. Keep them separated and let them gradually become known.
• Cats in the yard: the culprit is not always the naked eye. Cats transiting near you feel the cat inside and try to invade their territory. so simple (and not at all cruel) remedies such as wet it or scream when you see coming is enough to scare him away forever. Pussycat associated noise or nuisance water and continue your way.
• Removals, furniture changes, extended work hours: Nothing causes more anxiety cat drastic change. If you have changed something in your life, it will affect. Be patient and help him get used to his new beat.
Psychological causes: These are more difficult to diagnose but not impossible; • Trauma near the litter box. Something frightened when using it and now associates the box with fear. Change location box and place it in a low traffic area in the house is recommended.
• Another cat using the box: The ideal situation is that cats at home are treated as brothers. But it’s not always like this. Everyone should have their litter box.
How to remedy the situation; • Colócale more of a sandbox in different parts of your home. If the cat has a preference type of sand, using you like. Changes less is better.
• Make him the hard way: Place obstacles in areas where urinating. If you give so much work to reach them is going to give up.
• Try homeopathic medicine: Sometimes your kitten needs professional help to deal with your problem. Homeopathic medicine offers drugs in drops added to their anxiety helps remove food.