The loss of a loved one changes our lives. The process of dealing with grief is a very personal; for some that pain never goes away while others bury more easily, continuing his life in peace. Perhaps you think like the cat is independent and pretends not to care about anything not suffer when someone in your life is going. The reality is that the Pussycat mourns the death of its owners and strange household pets. Some are depressed so that require veterinary assistance.
Each cat is different and we do not know how to react until tragedy occurs. It takes into account the following points to help you cope with sadness. As with humans awaken some faster than others. Be patient.
• Change in routine: Strongest change. We know that the cat loves his routine and any change to it is viewed with disfavor. No matter if the loss was a human being or another pet, I feel it will cause no reaction.
To help: Do not delete all memory cat or deceased person immediately. Go slowly so the cat find the smell disappearing time and not suddenly. It also tries to keep the routine as close as possible to the previous one.
• Loss of appetite: The first symptom of depression is to stop eating. It is normal for the cat lose your appetite a little when, for example, you’re traveling but you know it when you get back will start eating as before. This time is different and you should watch your diet. Not wanting to eat for days hazardous conditions can develop in the liver as hepatic lipidosis once seizes Pussycat is very difficult to win the battle.
To help: Try new flavors and snacks. If the fish was a gift for special occasions, make it an ingredient in the regular diet for a while. Pussycat tuna flavor associated with positive situations. If you prefer dry food, try adding a little liquid fish food. The intense smell will catch your attention.
NOTE: If eating less it turns into not eating anything, take it to the vet. Dont wait.
• Changes in behavior: It means that you are going through the process of acceptance. It requires a lot of patience and compassion. Some cases include; • The active cat who now prefers to sleep or be quiet looking out the window. • Otherwise, the timid pussycat who now plays at all hours, running without stopping;. • The cat meows through the house looking for her friend. Visit the places where the pet or person used to sleep, sit, eat. The opposite also occurs, the very vocal pussycat now or sit by the house. • The Pussycat becomes your shadow, chasing all the time. His fear of losing someone else leads to feeling anxious not have you around;. • bathes to be left without hair. Your stress level is so high that is the way it feels quiet.
To help: Dale fonder but only when you ask. Will wait for you. Forcing the love lengthens the situation. If your cat was very active and now will not play, find him toys to tempt him. Nothing too loud, but you go with the personality you know.
• Your attitude also influences: The Pussycat is not alone in mourning. You have also suffered loss and your sorrow is transmitted to the cat. It is not healthy for you to stop your acceptance process for health care for the cat, but helping him you help yourself.
To help: Talk to the cat. It sounds ridiculous but let out feelings relieves your pain and hear quieter helps to overcome the crisis. The relationship is strengthened as both recover.
• If time passes and the cat no improvement: Take him to the vet. You may need medication. Consider homeopathic medicine, natural remedies have proven very effective to remove the cat from depression.
• A new king: There is everything in the world gatuno. There is also the cat pretends not wonder for anything feline companion and now wanders quiet at home, eating the dish of the deceased. He’s not being cruel. There has been a change in the hierarchy and now it is the survivor being the boss of pets. In many cases if the Pussycat appeared as silent always hiding under beds, now out of the shadows to claim their territory and enjoy life as the center of attention.
Give it time. Some return to normal behavior after several weeks, others take months. They are sad moments that leave their mark. It’s time to be more compassionate with the pussycat who has given you so much love. What matters is to be recovered.